Data Protection Policy
This notice sets out what personal data will be collected as part of the Nick Wright Planning website, how it will be used, and protected.
What information is being collected?
When you subscribe to email updates:
We also use Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. We anonymise your IP address so that it will not be sent to Google. If you would like to access what browsing information we have please contact us using this link. If you would like to block the use of Google Analytics entirely you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On. or similar browser extensions such as those provided by DuckDuckGo.
Who is collecting it?
The above personal information will be submitted to icecream architecture LTD (T/A icecream architecture) as managers of this website, on behalf of Nick Wright Planning.
How is it collected?
We collect and process data when you do the following:
- Sign up to receive email updates.
- Visit and use the website (Google Analytics only).
There is no requirement for you to submit your personal data by signing up to the email updates. If you do not provide your personal data, we will not be able to send you email updates.
Why is it being collected, and how will it be used?
- We collect your email address so that we can email you updates from the website.
- We collect your name so we can compare it with an email address to determine that this is a real person and not a robot.
- We collect usage data via Google Analytics to understand how people use the website, how they arrive at it and if there are any issues we are unwaware of.
Who will it be shared with?
The data is held by Icecream Projects Ltd, and where appropriate will be shared with Nick Wright of Nick Wright Planning.
Personal data will not be shared with anyone else without your consent.
What is the legal basis for us processing your data?
If you provide us with your personal data, we collect it and process it on the basis that you have provided your explicit consent by signing up using the subscription form on the website.
You can revoke your consent at any time by contacting us here.
We will only keep your name and email address as long as the website is in operation and we continue to send out email updates. If you unsubscribe from the email updates, your name and email address is automatically deleted from our databases.
Identity and contact details of any data controllers
The main data controller for
Desmond Bernie (Director), [email protected] 0141 674 2349
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
The personal data provided will be securely stored on our company file systems. We have procedures in place that minimise unauthorised access or disclosure of your information.
Your data protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every person is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request icecream architecture for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that icecream architecture correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request icecream architecture complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that icecream architecture erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that icecream architecture restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to icecream architecture’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that icecream architecture transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Email: [email protected]
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland, 45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1115 Email: [email protected]